Apply to Psychology Doctoral Practicum Programs
Thank you for your interest in the UCLA Psychology Doctoral Practicum (Pre-Internship) Programs!
We have two application cycles, an “Early Decision” and a “General Application” cycle.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Required Application Materials (in pdf format):
- Online application (available after log in)
- Cover Letter (indicating track(s) of interest)
- One letter of recommendation uploaded by the applicant or the applicant may enter the referee email for direct submission by the referee.
* Please note – you are responsible for ensuring that your referee’s submit their letters in a timely manner. You will not be able to submit without at least one letter of recommendation.
- Second letter of recommendation (optional)
- Letter from the Director of Clinical Training of your program attesting to your readiness for pre-internship placement.
- Test log: list of tests that you have administered in a clinical setting (required for neuropsychology tracks only)
* While the required materials are nominally the same for each track, you may upload multiple versions and designate which files are included in which track’s application package.
Early Application/Decision Cycle:
The “Early Decision” application period is open from December 1st (12 a.m.) until January 24th (11:59 p.m.).
If you are particularly interested in a specific track, you may apply to ONE (and only one) track for Early Decision. Your application will be reviewed by that track, and decisions will be made on a rolling basis. During the Early Decision period you may be invited to participate in an interview.
If you are called in to interview you may be offered the spot any time thereafter until January 31th, when General Application procedures begin. If you receive an offer, you will have three business days to accept or reject the offer (OR until January 31th, whichever is sooner).
PLEASE NOTE: for those applying Early Decision, we encourage you to apply as early as feasible; spots can fill up quickly.
General Application/Decision Process:
The General Application deadline is February 1st (11:59 p.m.). You may apply to any tracks (and you may apply to multiple tracks) during this time.
On the General Application page you will be able to upload multiple documents and designate which files you would like to be included with which track’s application.
Your application will be reviewed and you will be invited to participate in individual/group interview in February (specific dates to be determined). You will be notified whether you matched with a track on March 3rd, 9-9:30 a.m.
|Application Process||Deadline||Interview||Notification||Track Selection|
Accepting Applications 12/1/2022 – 1/24/2023
|You may be called in to interview||ROLLING||One track only|
|GENERAL APPLICATION||2/1/2023||You will be invited to participate in individual/group interview in February||3/3/2023||No limit|
Please note: you can apply using both Early Decision and General Application processes if you wish. You may apply for both at the same time, or submit an Early Decision application and a General Application at a later time before the 2/1/2023 deadline. In the event that you are NOT selected for Early Decision, your application to that track will be automatically transferred to the General Application pool for that track.
Schools with which we have active memoranda of Understanding
- Azusa Pacific University
- California Lutheran University
- California School of Professional Psychology – LA, Alliant
- California School of Professional Psychology – San Diego, Alliant
- Fielding Graduate Institute
- Fordham University
- Fuller Graduate School
- Loma Linda University
- Nova Southeastern University
- Palo Alto U – Pacific Graduate School of Psychology
- Pepperdine University
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology or TCSPP
- The George Washington University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Diego / San Diego State University
- University of Hartford
- University of La Verne
- University of Southern California
- Washington State
- Wright Institute
- Yeshiva University
Current Practica in Medical Psychology - Neuropsychology
Adolescent Serious Mental Illness Practicum – Research
Advanced Medical Psychology Assessment Center (MPAC) – Clinical
Aftercare Research Program Assessment Practicum – Research
Assessment of Neurodegeneration Practicum – Assessment
Help/UCLA Pediatric Neuropsychology Program – Clinical
Infant and Preschool Clinic – Clinical
UCLA Cultural Neuropsychology Initiative Practicum – Clinical
The Longevity Center and Geropsychology Practicum – Clinical & Research (also includes a cognitive therapy rotation)
Autism Across the Lifespan: Research and Clinical Practice in Measuring Change
ABC Partial Hospitalization Program Practicum
Adult OCD Treatment and Research Practicum – Clinical & Research
Aftercare Program Practicum – Clinical & Research
Behavioral Medicine Practicum
Child and Adult Neurodevelopmental Clinic Practicum – Clinical
Child Anxiety, OCD, and Tourette’s Clinic Practicum – Clinical & Research
Depression Grand Challenge Innovative Treatment Center – Clinical & Research
Integrated Substance Abuse Program’s Comorbid Anxiety and Substance Use Disorder Clinical Research Practicum
Integrative Pediatric Behavioral Health, Child and Family Trauma, and Consultation Liaison Practicum
Stress, Trauma And Resilience (STAR) Practicum
UCLA PEERS Practicum – Clinical & Research
UCLA TIES for Families
Youth Stress & Mood Program Practicum – Clinical & Research
Cardiac Psychology: Understanding Trauma, Stress and Recovery Process
UCLA Stuart House and the Rape Treatment Center