The Academic Trainee Office at Semel Institute, in partnership with UCLA visa offices and their specialists, support and serve administrators, faculty, and trainees with visa requests and needs. We provide guidance on immigration regulations and visa options and assist in application preparation and submissions. In addition, we serve as their central office in Semel for visa resources and support throughout their training appointment.

H-1B: Temporary Worker

For individuals coming to be a temporary full-time position with a U.S. employer that requires a professional level of education and experience.

J1: Exchange Visitor

The Exchange Visitor (J) non-immigrant visa category is for individuals approved to participate in work-and study-based exchange visitor programs.

TN: Non-Immigrant

TN status allows citizens of Canada and Mexico to engage in professional business activities in the U.S. on a temporary basis.